domingo, 2 de dezembro de 2007

Week 14: Reflecting on Week 13

ASSIGNMENT: Catch your breath, read your classmates' blogs for Week 13, and post your interlinked thoughts on what everyone is saying.


This week I have left comments for Antonio, Stian, Elisa and Rob.

Antonio talks about how OE receives no attention from the government. He also mentions issues of compatibility issues with licenses and how OER can be a real opportunity for developing countries.

Rob calls attention to the time span mentioned in Dr. Wiley's text. He makes a set of predictions, including one that there will be compatibility of the licenses. I do hope that most come true, especially the last one, about free long distance calls. :-)

Elisa talks about the role of pioneers in Italy in relation to OE and the issue of textbooks – how expensive they are and how OE could address this fact.

Stian has interesting points. Like him, I am also disappointed with the pedagogics of the universities. It is a problem that starts in the university itself as an institution that is responsible for educating professionals. I also agree that the time spent in class should address other things rather than lecturing.

As I have expressed before, I do like to read the blogs and learn with them. There are so many interesting perspectives and different insights about what we learn in the course. This is so related to what I wrote last week! I believe in the interaction that grows in the communities of learners. I will never buy the idea of having a "customer service" type of thing that works like a "learner support". Agreeing with such idea is contrary to all that I have learned as good practice in education. If we are going to have such thing, then, let's all leave the universities. There is already much useless work out there that is produced by "scholars". Actually, I think that we can do better!

Nenhum comentário: